Summer gatherings call for fresh, flavorful appetizers that are easy to make and sure to please a crowd. And this classic guacamole recipe from Salsas and Dips is the perfect addition to any outdoor soirée. Everyone needs a good go-to guacamole recipe to keep in their summer entertaining arsenal, and this simple recipe delivers on both taste and simplicity. The creamy texture of avocados mixed with lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro pairs perfectly with chips or fresh vegetables. So whip up a batch and enjoy it in the sunshine with good company!
Serving Size: 2 to 3 Cups | Active Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 1/3 medium red onion, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (juice of 1-2 limes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Scoop out the avocados and place into mixing bowl. Gently mash the avocados while still leaving large pieces.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir together until well combined.
- Dollop into a serving bowl and top with fresh cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime to prevent browning. Serve with tortilla chips, fresh vegetables, or just grab a spoon!
Looking for more classic dip recipes? Check out Salsas and Dips: Over 100 Recipes for the Perfect Appetizers, Dippables, and Crudites. With over 100 recipes from the classic Chipotle and Adobo Salsa to the unique Watermelon Salsa, this cookbook has something to impress any guest at your summer gathering. The cookbook also includes delicious dippables such as homemade potato chips and grilled chicken skewers. Elevate your summer entertaining with the mouthwatering recipes from Salsas and Dips!